An IV vitamin infusion can do a lot for the body, and when it comes to cancer patients, it can make a world of a difference in their pain and suffering. Chemotherapy is a tough procedure for cancer patients to endure at any age or any stage, and one of the worst parts is dealing with the chemo side effects. The physical toll of chemotherapy on the body can be brutal and these side effects can make it a lot more difficult to enjoy life.
One way that people undergoing chemotherapy can feel relief from some of these symptoms is by receiving IV vitamin infusions. IV treatments provide nutrients through intravenous tubes that can help you fight fatigue, depression, nausea, and other nasty side effects from chemotherapy treatment.
Here Are 5 Ways IV Vitamin Infusions Combat Chemo Side Effects
1) Appetite: People who undergo chemo almost immediately lose their appetite and find it hard to get back. This is because chemotherapy destroys the cells that produce certain chemicals your brain needs to send signals for hunger. These IV vitamin infusions can help stimulate the appetite, which makes it much easier to eat something even when you’re feeling nauseous or exhausted from chemo treatment. A healthy appetite leads to healthy eating, which is critical in reducing many symptoms caused by chemo.
2) Reduce/Eliminate Nausea: Another dreadful side effect created by chemotherapy is nausea. By taking an IV vitamin infusion you can reduce the effects of nausea because it contains various vitamins and minerals that the body requires to feel good. Most types of oral medications cannot give the body the same amount because they are destroyed in your stomach before ever reaching their intended target. However, IV vitamin infusions go right into the vein, where they can be immediately absorbed by your body.
3) Gain Focus: Chemo is mentally exhausting, almost as much as it is physically exhausting. With IV vitamin infusion therapy, you can gain more focus and clarity in your everyday life. Being more clear-headed will help you beat the mental fatigue that comes with chemo, even if it’s just for a few hours at a time.
4) Increased Energy: Your body needs a lot of energy to tackle chemo side effects. Fatigue and exhaustion can easily wear you out while you’re going through treatment. A good IV vitamin infusion will give you much of your energy back through all of the nutrients that are provided in just one session. It is also a great way to help with cognitive problems, which is extremely important for cancer patients.
5) Better Sleep: When your body is getting the healthy, natural vitamins and nutrients it needs, full nights of sleep occur much more frequently. Although it’s not a guarantee during chemo, your body will have a much better chance of getting quality sleep with IV vitamin infusion treatments. Good sleep leads to better overall health, and that can help tremendously in the fight against cancer and the fight to mitigate the negative chemo side effects.
If you or someone you know is suffering through the brutal side effects of chemo, call us to see how we can help with IV vitamin infusions. You can call us at (405) 276-4937 (OKC) or (918) 520-1238 (Tulsa), or contact us online here.