Common Reasons to Use an IV
Not feeling like yourself? An in-home IV drip can provide many valuable wellness benefits and relieve symptoms related to various illnesses and conditions. After receiving IV therapy from Hydrate You IV, you can expect to feel refresh and renewed – ready to take on the day ahead. Feel better than ever with our fast and convenient in-home IV drip treatments.
There's a common misconception that you have to be admitted into a hospital with a serious injury or illness to receive an IV. IVs are used for everyday uses all the time. Hydrate You IV safely and affordably replenishes your bodies' essential vitamins from the ease of your home.
You might also be in the scenario where you are seriously ill and don't have the energy or ability to visit your doctor or the emergency room. Our services are quick and can be ordered through text messages! We can have someone renewing your bodies electrolytes and other essential fluids in hours. Check out some of the most common reasons our customers will seek out our IV services!
Reasons to Get an IV Drip
IV drip therapy is a great way to assist medical treatments you may be undergoing while also alleviating symptoms of common nuisances, such as headache and the common cold. But there are many other reasons why you may benefit from IV vitamin therapy, such as:
- Hangovers: Nights out and bachelor or bachelorette parties can sometimes lead to hangovers. IV therapy can help relieve your hangover symptoms such as dehydration, nausea and headaches. In particular, the Myers' Cocktail supplies vitamins such as magnesium, zinc and vitamin C to soothe your symptoms. After you drink a lot of alcohol, you may notice that your blood pressure spikes. A dose of vitamin C and other vitamins via IV therapy can help by directing nutrients straight into your bloodstream.
- Cold and flu: When you're unwell, the last thing you want to do is leave your bed or home. Luckily, our mobile IV therapy comes right to your home, office or hotel room. Depending on your specific cold or flu symptoms, we'll recommend the best IV package of fluids, vitamins and nutrients to improve your health. You can expect results almost immediately — many feel the effects for up to four days. Plus, most sessions last from 25 to 45 minutes, so you can feel more like yourself, faster.
- Athletics: In-home IV drips for athletes can do wonders for your performance. They can also help you recover from an intense game or event. For example, an IV therapy session before a marathon or triathlon can boost endurance so you can make it to the finish line. Just call or text us to schedule an appointment ahead of time or whenever you need immediate care.
- Food poisoning: We've all eaten an iffy meal, and sometimes that can lead to an uncomfortable night. If you need to treat food poisoning symptoms, mobile IV therapy could be your best option for fast, effective relief. A powerful combination of vitamins, saline and antioxidants can help you feel rejuvenated in no time.
- Migraines and headaches: Severe pain and nausea are the hallmarks of a migraine, and too many people find themselves unable to do anything when suffering one of these extreme headaches. An IV therapy drip can help alleviate a migraine's symptoms without requiring you to leave the comfort of your home.
- Nausea: Regardless of the reason for it, nausea is unpleasant and extremely uncomfortable. Plus, when it's accompanied by vomiting, it puts you at risk of dehydration. When nausea hits, trekking outside to visit a pharmacy or clinic can seem like a Herculean task. Luckily, home IV therapies exist to help relieve nausea symptoms without you leaving your home.
- Pain management: Pain after an injury, surgery or accident can be easily treated with an in-home IV drip. Our pain management IV drips can include Toradol to get you the pain relief you need sooner than oral medication provides.
- Constipation: Avoid experiencing the discomfort of constipation again by using IV therapy, like the Myers' Cocktail, to ensure the best gastrointestinal health.
- Dehydration: When the body loses more fluids than it takes in, this can lead to dehydration. Water is essential to our well-being, and since drinking gallons of water when you're dehydrated isn't much of an option, IV drip therapy is the perfect solution to help your body replenish those much-needed fluids.
- Anxiety: Mental illnesses are extremely common, and IV therapy with added nutrients and medications can help promote healthy brain function and alleviate some of the symptoms of anxiety and other mental illnesses, like depression.
- Weight loss: When you're working to lose weight, IV therapy treatments can provide you with additional minerals and nutrients to help you achieve your goal. Adding vitamin B12 is a common option since B12 can help increase metabolism.
What Types of IVs Are There?
Since there are several reasons an individual may opt for IV therapy, it's no surprise that there are several different types of IV vitamin treatments as well. While many people use IV therapy to get some much-needed vitamins, others also use it to give themselves a boost, be it as a result of a hangover, cold or headache.
Here are some of the different types of IVs you can get:
- Vitamin C: This type of IV treatment offers a high dose of vitamin C and helps protect against pollutants while promoting healthy cell growth.
- Immune-boosting: This mixture provides the body the vitamins and minerals needed to strengthen the immune system, helping it resist the recurrence or development of infections.
- Gut support: Ideal for people who suffer from gastrointestinal issues, such as Crohn's disease or celiac disease, this type of IV treatment provides nutrients to help alleviate the symptoms of those problems. Since IV treatment injects the nutrients directly into the bloodstream rather than the gastrointestinal system, the body can better absorb these substances.
- Myers' Cocktail: One of the more popular types of IV treatments, a Myers' Cocktail supplies a curated selection of nutrients to help alleviate discomfort from various conditions, such as headaches and nausea. It's also great for replenishing any lost fluids and nutrients.
- Peripheral: This type of IV therapy uses a catheter to supply the client with medication. The types of peripheral IVs you can get will vary based on which medication you need or request.
- Saline: Using nothing but saline alone, this type of IV therapy is ideal for those who just need to rehydrate or have medical conditions that prevent them from using any add-ons for their IV therapy treatment.
Since there are several types of IV vitamin therapy treatments available, it can be difficult to choose which one is best for you. You might even wonder whether you need IV therapy at all. The truth is, there are plenty of reasons to try IV therapy.
Get IV Therapy in the Comfort of Your Home
Whether you're an athlete and want to quickly recover after a workout or you're someone experiencing symptoms of dehydration, nausea, migraine or a hangover, turn to Hydrate You IV. After you call or text, we will arrive at your home, hotel room or office usually within an hour. We assess your vital signs and recommend the best IV package based on your symptoms. After you complete a waiver, we'll administer the IV using a topical numbing spray for a painless experience. It's that easy!
Call or text us at (918) 520-1238 to schedule an at-home appointment in Tulsa & Oklahoma City. Questions? Feel free to contact us and ask about our packages and pricing.