No one likes being sick with a cold or the flu. For many, the thought of getting out of bed with the flu seems impossible. But there's no reason to suffer unnecessarily with body aches, migraines, fever and pain for days on end.
Immediate relief for cold and flu symptoms is available via at-home IV therapy from Hydrate You IV. Our IV therapy can be administered in your home, hotel room or office and get you feeling better in no time. You can experience immediate rehydration as the IV therapy replenishes essential nutrients, boosts the immune system and helps take away headaches and other body pains.
At Hydrate You IV, we'll send one of our specialists out to your home within an hour after you call or text us. Backed by an ER physician's group specializing in telemedicine, Hydrate You IV has helped thousands of Tulsa, Oklahoma residents overcome flu symptoms.
Common Flu and Cold Symptoms That IV Therapy Can Treat
The flu can bring on a host of uncomfortable symptoms, including:
- Body aches
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Vomiting and diarrhea, especially in children
IV Therapy for Dehydration in Tulsa, OK
The stomach flu sometimes involves nausea and vomiting — symptoms that can lead to dehydration if not treated right away. While it's possible to reverse mild to moderate dehydration, severe dehydration calls for immediate medical treatment.
Symptoms of severe dehydration include:
- Rapid heartbeat
- Feeling dizzy
- Sunken eyes
- Not urinating
- Very dry skin
- Sleepiness or fatigue
- Confusion or irritability
At Hydrate You IV, our in-home IV therapy for the flu can help alleviate the symptoms of dehydration.
Benefits of Getting Mobile IV Therapy for Colds and the Flu
Mobile IV therapy is one of the fastest, most effective ways to treat symptoms of the flu. Whether you have a small cold or the full-blown stomach flu, IV drip therapy provides the vitamins, electrolytes, fluids and other nutrients your body needs to recover. When nutrients are supplied to the body through intravenous therapy, the percentage of these nutrients that the body absorbs is much higher than medicines taken orally.
IV therapy for the stomach flu can leave you feeling better within just a few hours. Other advantages to choosing IV therapy to relieve symptoms of a cold or the flu include:
- Provides optimal hydration: When you have a cold or the stomach flu, you're likely to experience some degree of dehydration based on the severity of your symptoms. While liquids like water, tea and sports drinks can help keep you hydrated, you may find you have a hard time keeping liquids down or not feel like drinking anything. IV therapy administers hydrating saline solution directly into your bloodstream, so you can enjoy the benefits of hydrating fluids without the discomfort that may come with ingesting them.
- Provides pain relief: IV fluid packages from Hydrate You IV include Toradol, a potent non-narcotic anti-inflammatory to alleviate fever, pain and muscle aches.
- Infuses your body with vitamins and essential minerals: Our in-home IV therapy supplies your body with the vitamins and minerals lost from vomiting and diarrhea. One of these minerals is zinc, which may help prevent the common cold virus from multiplying. Rhinovirus causes most colds and it can thrive in the nasal passages and throat.
- Includes glutathione: Glutathione is one of the most vital molecules in your body and helps you stay healthy. This anti-inflammatory agent inhibits the production of most inflammatory molecules called cytokines. Glutathione can help relieve the aches and pains associated with your illness and also help keep you from getting sick in the first place.
- Offers anti-nausea relief: Zofran is a selective 5-HT3 receptor antagonist and antiemetic used to treat nausea and vomiting. Zofran blocks the actions of chemicals in the body that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
- Includes Benadryl: Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine used to relieve symptoms of hay fever, allergy and the common cold.
- Helps you recover without having to leave your home: When bogged down by a cold or the flu, it can be hard to muster up the energy to leave your home, much less your bed. At Hydrate You IV, a member of our team will arrive at your doorstep within one hour of the time you call or text to administer our IV fluid therapy for the flu.
Does Vitamin B12 Help With Colds?
Vitamin B12, or cobalamin, plays a major role in fighting off symptoms of the flu or a cold. Vitamin B12 helps in the creation of blood, DNA and nerve cells and helps the body convert food into glucose, which gives you energy. The vitamin also acts as an immunomodulator, increasing the number of immune system cells called lymphocytes for both adaptive and innate immunity.
Does Vitamin C Help the Flu?
Vitamin C is a potent antiviral agent that helps your body ward off symptoms of the flu. Before the polio vaccine was invented, vitamin C injections were commonly used to combat this infection. In a study published in 2015, vitamin C was shown to lessen the symptoms associated with the H1N1 influenza virus and was cited as an essential add-on therapy in surviving the flu.
Our bodies need vitamin C for bone structure, immune function, healthy skin and iron absorption. Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant by neutralizing free radicals that contribute to disease and infection. Many studies have examined the role of therapeutic vitamin C on influenza and the common cold, and have found that taking daily vitamin C supplements may shorten the duration of the illnesses.
IV Fluids That Treat Flu and Cold Symptoms
Our in-home IV therapy treatments are infused with fluids, vitamins, electrolytes, antioxidants and other nutrients to help alleviate symptoms of a cold or the flu. Our IV therapy packages, along with add-ins, can include:
- Saline solution
- Vitamin B Complex
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
- And more
Schedule Your IV Therapy for Cold and Flu Relief in Tulsa, OK
With Hydrate You IV's in-home IV drip treatment for the flu, you can call or text our team at (918) 520-1238 anytime throughout the process from the comfort of your home. A member of our team will assess your vital signs and have you sign a waiver before administering IV therapy for your cold or flu symptoms. One of the advantages of opting for IV hydration is that it's virtually painless — we use a topical numbing spray to administer all IV drips.
If you'd like to customize your flu IV treatment therapy by including add-ins such as vitamins, anti-nausea medicine and more, just let us know and we can advise the ideal IV package based on your symptoms.
Don't let the flu or a cold slow you down — life is too short to spend it feeling less than your best. Call or text (918) 520-1238 to book an appointment or contact us to learn more about our mobile IV therapy for the flu in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area.