Migraines can feel so intense that they can inhibit your ability to perform everyday tasks. Migraines and cluster headaches bring with them pain, distress and, at the very least, discomfort.
What if there was a better way to find fast relief? At Hydrate You IV, we offer in-home headache and migraine IV therapy throughout Tulsa & Oklahoma City. We come to you, allowing you to bypass the travel fees, waiting times and discomfort involved in traveling to the hospital. Whether you are experiencing migraine or headache symptoms, IV hydration offers a safe, painless and highly effective solution — all within your home.
How IV Therapy Can Help
IV infusion therapy from Hydrate You IV consists of the right blend of vitamins, electrolytes, minerals and fluids to help counteract migraine symptoms. IV therapy for migraines helps alleviate vomiting and nausea, throbbing pain on one side or the entire head, sensitivity to noise and light, and vision changes.
IV hydration therapy for headaches and migraines flushes out toxins while replenishing lost fluids and electrolytes to help you find relief fast. Anti-nausea and anti-inflammatory medicines included in IV drip treatments will also help alleviate migraine symptoms.
Symptoms of Migraines That IV Therapy Can Help Alleviate
Mobile IV drip therapy can help alleviate several symptoms associated with migraines and headaches. Migraines can start at different times throughout your life and can cycle through four stages: prodrome, aura, attack and post-drome. However, not everyone who experiences migraines goes through all four stages.
To help convey a clearer picture of the symptoms that IV medications and fluids can help alleviate, here is a basic overview of these four stages.
Prodrome occurs one or two days before a migraine hits and includes symptoms such as:
- Drastic mood changes
- Neck stiffness
- Food cravings
- Frequent yawning
- Increased thirst
Auras make up the second stage of a migraine, and people can experience them before or during migraines. Symptoms can accumulate over several minutes and last anywhere from 20 to 60 minutes. Symptoms of migraine aura include:
- Hearing noises
- Vision loss
- Weakness or numbness on one side of the body or in the face
- Seeing bright flashes of light
- Sensation of pins and needles
- Difficulty speaking
- Uncontrollable jerking movements
If left untreated, attacks can last anywhere from 4 to 72 hours. A migraine can induce many symptoms, including:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to sound, light, smell and touch
- Throbbing or pulsing pain
- Pain on one or both sides of the head
During the post-drome stage, after a migraine attack has ended, people are likely to experience a wide range of emotions such as feeling disoriented and drained.
What Causes Migraines and Headaches?
Migraines and headaches can be brought on by a variety of factors. Sometimes you may be able to pinpoint the cause of your migraine, other times it may seem as if your headache comes out of the blue.
Common triggers are:
- Environmental causes: Exposure to certain lights, noises and smells have been shown to set off acute migraine attacks.
- Emotional causes: Depression, shock and stress may leave you susceptible to migraine and headaches attacks.
- Medications: Certain medications, like sleeping pills and hormone replacement therapy, have been linked to migraines.
- Diet: While alcohol and caffeine are well-known migraine triggers, these severe headaches have also been linked to citrus fruits, chocolate and cheese.
- Physical causes: Common culprits of migraines and headaches include overexertion, less than ideal back posture, lack of sleep and prolonged physical tension.
IV Fluids, Vitamins, Nutrients and Medicines That Treat Migraines and Headaches
Mobile IV therapy for headaches and migraines include a blend of fluids, nutrients and antioxidants in high concentrations. These IV fluids are specially designed to help alleviate uncomfortable migraine or headache symptoms. IV drip fluids known to help treat migraines and headaches include:
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps relieve painful pressure, thus reducing inflammation in your brain.
- Vitamin B complex: Vitamins like riboflavin, or Vitamin B2, have been proven to help reduce the length and frequency of migraines.
- Magnesium: This nutrient helps those suffering from an aura, light or sound-triggered migraine.
- Anti-nausea and vomiting medicine: At Hydrate You IV, we use Zofran, or ondansetron, an anti-nausea medication proven to alleviate nausea and upset stomach.
- Anti-inflammatory, pain and headache medicine: IV medications for migraines include pain medicine such as Toradol, or ketorolac, which can help relieve the pounding, numbness and uncomfortable sensations.
- IV fluids: IV hydration packages from Hydrate You IV help you replace lost fluids, easing migraine and headache symptoms.
Get In-Home Migraine and Headache Relief in Tulsa, OK
Back by an ER physician's group specializing in telemedicine, Hydrate You IV is comprised of a dedicated and compassionate team committed to helping you overcome migraines, headaches and other ailments. We've helped thousands of patients in Tulsa, Oklahoma recover from nausea, hangovers, colds, the flu, dehydration, muscle cramps, POTS syndrome, morning sickness, food poisoning, weight loss surgery, colonoscopy recovery and more.
Mobile IV therapy for headaches is a safe, painless treatment solution designed to help you feel better faster. A member of our team will be at your door within one hour of your call or text to assess your vital signs and symptoms. Once you've signed a waiver, you're all set to receive IV hydration treatment! If you'd like to customize your in-home IV therapy for migraines with specific add-ins, be sure to talk to one of our team members. Plus, we use a topical numbing spray for your comfort.